You may recall that I bought some yarn from Colinette in January – a beautiful, soft bamboo and wool concoction flecked with jewel-bright colours and called “Art”. It was bought to make a larger version of ‘Dream catcher‘, and that’s what I did. In fact the colour that I bought, lilac, looked lovely on its own, but as the work grew, I realised that it would benefit from a contrasting border. So I ordered some ‘mint julep’ and finished with a flourish.
The finished shawl/top measures 130cm (51 inches) across. I modified the central circle compared to the original pattern so that it was larger and more solid, plus I reduced the distance between the arm holes at the top and increased it at the bottom so that, unlike the original it only has one axis of symmetry. I had to add extra rounds to make it bigger and based the stitch pattern for these on earlier ones, but in addition the yarn I used was thicker than my original, so it would have been bigger anyway. For comparison, here’s the original laid on top of the new version:
On reflection, I think the original would benefit an increase in diameter, so I’ll be adding a few extra rounds to that now too.